Komentar

This Week's Frugal Tasks


The cooler weather has allowed me to do more in the kitchen this week and my frugal list reflects this.  I hope you were able to make the most of the milder weather too.  We haven't had to water the vegetable garden in over a week.  Here's my frugal list -


*  Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.

*  Baked a whole orange cake with an orange from the freezer ( bought cheap )

*  Dried all washing on clotheshorses and on the line.

*  Refilled the shampoo and conditioner pump bottles.  They were also diluted.

*  Made some foaming hand wash for the kitchen with liquid hand soap I no longer use.  I just love foaming hand soap as it doesn't leave a mess anywhere.

*  Refilled travel sized shamp,  cond and shower gel bottles in our toiletry bags for future holidays.

*  Picked corn,  beans,  strawberries,  silverbeet,  raspberries and lettuce from our garden this week.

*  Made vanilla yoghurt from a starter I froze previously.

*  Saved the rinse water from the final load of washing and watered the garden under the house eaves.  Rain rarely gets under the back of the house so this saved water will help the plants.

*  Bought eight bottles of shower gel at $1.99 a 500 gram bottle from Priceline.  Thanks for letting me know Maureen.  I can make foaming hand wash to my heart's content for many years to come.  It's a lovely green color and will look ( and smell ) nice in my home.

*  Sold one school text book and bought another one secondhand.

*  Donated lots of bags of bits and pieces to the Savers op shop over a few days to get discount stamps.





 
 
What frugal tasks did you complete this week?
This Week's Frugal Tasks This Week's Frugal Tasks Reviewed by Anonymous on January 16, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments: