Komentar

Honey Mustard Chicken

Honey mustard chicken must be one of my favourite dishes.  I'll confess,  I used to buy the sauce in a jar.  I thought I liked it until I started making my own sauce.  Now I couldn't go back to the mass produced sugar and salt laden variety.  My recipe is very easy to make and is tasty.  My daughter Jessica isn't overly keen on cooking but she does a fabulous job of making this without me watching her.  The first time she made it she took a photo,  posted it on social media and her friends couldn't believe it could be made at home from scratch.  In other words,  they too have only known of the store bought variety.  Jessica was very proud of herself.

When I first wanted to make this from scratch I googled lots of recipes.  As usual the recipes didn't have vegetables included or they used way too much cream and sour cream.  So I made up my own recipe and tweaked it a few times until I got the balance of flavours right.  Here's my recipe -


2 small chicken breasts, diced and cooked
2/3 cup of cream
 2 - 3 tablespoons of honey
1 heaped dessert spoon of Dijon mustard
1 heaped dessert spoon of whole grain mustard
onion flakes, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder / granules etc to taste.
1 cup of beans, cooked
1 large sliced carrot, cooked

Mix cream, honey, mustards and seasoning in a medium fry pan and heat.
Add cooked diced chicken, cooked sliced carrot and beans.
Mix well and serve with rice.

This serves four people.

Silver beet or spinach can be shredded finely and added to the sauce and meat as it's heating up..


Honey Mustard Chicken Honey Mustard Chicken Reviewed by Anonymous on March 09, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments: