Komentar

This Week's Frugal Tasks


This week has seen extreme weather conditions, a family holiday and all the usual planning and packing that goes along with a trip away.  Here's my smaller frugal list for the week -


*  Made egg custard with the leftover eggs yolks from when Megan made a pavlova.

*  When the weather was really hot I made a double batch of potato salad and pasta salad.  This was enough for tea for two nights running with other things on the plate.  By doing this I saved time and gas.

*  Cut up a Christmas ham and froze most of it into portions for pizzas,  sandwiches and other meals ( I'm not sure what else I'll use it for ).

* We've been on holidays this week at Phillip Island.  We took all the ingredients for breakfasts and took homemade biscuits,  fruit,  eggs,  cheese,  salad ingredients.  Spag bol sauce and meat from our freezer   We saved a small fortune by taking as much food as possible with us.  This allowed us money in our budget to eat out once as a treat.

*  Darren found a cooked chicken in Coles at 50% off costing $6.  We made this stretch for tea and lunch.

*  I found my regular blusher at a discount shop in Cowes ( Phillip Island ).  Their regular selling price was $4.95 which is a little cheaper than what I usually pay.  They had 50% off so I bought three.  When the lady put it through the register she charged me $5.25 for the three of them.  The next day I went back and bought another three.  I think I'm set for blusher for the next 5 - 7 years.

*  Made use of the laundry facilities at the resort.  This reduced the amount of washing I needed to do when we came home.

*  When we were home we saved the warm up shower water to water a few plants.

*  Converted a pair of older jeans into long shorts for myself.  Cost - zero. .

*  Dried the washing on the line when the weather allowed. 

Seal Rock at The Nobbies Phillip Island

Our cabin at the Ramada Resort Cowes


Forrest Caves beach

The coastline on the way to The Nobbies

The family with Megan using her new selfie stick

At The Nobbies

Princess on Megan's suitcase before we went away.
What frugal tasks did you complete this week ?
This Week's Frugal Tasks This Week's Frugal Tasks Reviewed by Anonymous on January 09, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments: