Komentar

This Week's Frugal Tasks

My kitchen has been a hive of activity this week.  I've been very busy cooking and baking for my family as well as selling some to a cleaning client.  This client has had some family members move back home suddenly under difficult circumstances. My snacks and ready made meals are helping her stay sane.  She can leave a meal in the fridge defrosting for her family if she's going out.  The extra money I've earnt is going into my food slush fund to buy those super duper specials.

Here's my frugal list for the week -

*  Made pizzas for tea on Sunday night.  They are so much better and more filling than any store bought or takeaway.

*  Dried all washing on the line and clothes horses.

*  Planted dwarf bush bean seedlings we'd grown from seed.  Darren also planted some more seeds to plant out later.

*  Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread.

*  Baked lots of raspberry and white chocolate muffins.  I sold some to a cleaning client which covered the costs for us to eat some for free.

*  Cooked enough spag bol for 16 individual serves and also sold them to a cleaning client.

*  I made chunky beef and veg soup with two slices of roast beef that were left over from a meal.  It made ten good serves and these were all sold to my cleaning client.

* Made lots and lots of hamburger patties.  Some were sold to my cleaning client.  The rest were frozen for us to eat as an almost free meal.

*  Baked two chocolate brownies.  One was to go to a Cup Day party.  The other one was eaten by the family with a few pieces frozen for later.

*  Accepted some tomato plants from my Dad.

*  Made lemon butter with our chooks eggs and lemon juice I froze from our lemons.

*  Made vanilla yoghurt from scratch using some yoghurt I froze as a starter.  This is the first time it's worked using frozen ( then defrosted ) yoghurt.  I was very happy and so was the family.

*  Picked iceberg roses to put in the loungeroom.  Darren picked a bunch for a friend who was hosting a cup day bbq.  Darren also picked a beautiful pink rose for my bed side table.  It smells so lovely and I can smell it as I'm going to sleep and waking up.

*  Bought more Morning Fresh dishwashing liquid at Coles for $1.75 each. I didn't really need any but I had the room.

*  Saved water from the showers to water the vegetable seeds and seedlings.

*  Saved water from the washing machine for the next load.

*  Used the two light rule in the house where possible.  At times we only have one light on.  On the rare occasion we have no lights on.


Raspberry and white chocolate muffins

The rose Darren picked for me.

Wholemeal bread.

Slicing the bread for the freezer.

Peanut butter choc chip biscuits.

A feijoa flower

We are hoping to get feijoa fruit next March  / April.

Princess hiding in the strawberry patch

She likes to watch the birdies.

 
What frugal tasks have you completed this week ?



This Week's Frugal Tasks This Week's Frugal Tasks Reviewed by Anonymous on November 07, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments: